Patios can add a decorative element to your backyard; they can be covered; they can be compact and functional; or spread out and incorporated into your landscape. Plus, your options for patio material are endless.
Flagstone is one of the best materials for patios primarily due to its narrow packed joints that allow water to permeate instead of running off. Flagstone patios also have a very natural, organic look due to their shape and earthy shades of browns, reds, grays and blues. The most common types of flagstone used for paving patios are sandstone, slate and limestone. Flagstone provides a durable and naturally slip-resistant patio surface that will last for years.
Benefits of a Flagstone Patio:
- Natural look
- Can be laid dry for a permeable surface
- Moss, grass or a hardy ground cover can be grown between the stones
- Rich color with natural variation
A patio is an essential part of outdoor living. You will likely spend many hours with friends and family on your patio. Because of its durability and design versatility, concrete is an excellent paving choice for patios. A concrete patio has numerous benefits when compared to decking and other patio surface options.
Benefits of a Concrete Patio:
- Highly durable
- Adaptable to any style
- Can be poured in any shape
- Colored Concrete. Concrete can be colored in four different ways: stains, integral pigments, color hardeners and dyes. Each of these coloring methods produces different looks and comes with their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
- Stamped Concrete. The surface of your concrete patio can be stamped to create textures that mimic stone, brick or other materials.
Terracotta colored, synthetically – derived, machined, quarried – there are plenty of exterior tile options to choose from when planning a patio.
STEELE Landscapes & Patios specializes in flagstone patio design and installation. We have been designing and installing flagstone patios for more than 25 years and have a track record of creating beautiful, original flagstone patio designs.